….Stop press! …. We are currently recruiting for a new worker to start mid March 2019. The deadline for applications has been extended until 7pm on Monday 4th February. Interviews will be on Sunday 10th February. An overnight stay is required on the night before the interviews, and is provided free of charge. Please email the management committee for details of how to apply.
It is essential to visit the house prior to applying for a job if you have not been before, so that you are familiar with the holiday centre. Interviewees will normally be expected to stay overnight on the night before the interviews (free of charge), and interviews will last most of the day.
The information you provide in your application form is the ONLY information we will use in deciding whether or not you will be shortlisted for an interview. Your application form is, therefore, very important and the following advice is designed to help you complete it as effectively as possible. This is part of the W.H.C.’s commitment to ensuring equal opportunities.
Planning your application form
- Before filling in the application form read the job information carefully, so that you know what the job involves and the range of abilities required.
- The person specification is a list of criteria regarded as necessary for the post. Look at these and decide how to relate your skills, knowledge and experience to each point. Try not to repeat yourself, but do cover as many points as possible. Draw on your past or present job, interests, voluntary work, life experience and any other relevant experience and skills. To be considered for an interview you have to fulfill the essential person specification, demonstrating your abilities by telling us about your experience. Whatever it is, the most important thing is to tell us – we are unable to guess or make assumptions.
Completing your application form
- Application forms should be filled in as completely and clearly as possible so we can consider all candidates on the same basis. Do not submit your CV with, or instead of, a completed application form, since this will not be considered.
- Please be sure to tell us about all your relevant experience, e.g. whether you have lived in a shared house/hostel, lived with just one other person, lived in the countryside, lived in a women-only space, lived with children etc. Your life experience is just as important as any paid/voluntary work experience you may have.
- Re-read your application before you send it, to make sure you’re happy with it and haven’t forgotten anything
- In completing the references section, please give: one personal reference (not a family member) and one experience based reference (e.g. for current/most recent paid or voluntary work or similar).
- Please complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, and send it with a separate e-mail. It will not be used in the recruitment process, but will provide useful information for us regarding effectiveness of advertising etc.
Sending your application form
- Send your completed application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form by e-mail back to the management committee
Keep a copy for yourself.
- Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
- After the closing date the application forms are read carefully to see how each person’s skills and experience relate to the person specification, and applicants who meet these requirements will be shortlisted for interview.
- Only information contained in the application form will be considered in making the decision to interview.
- You will be informed of whether or not you are successful within a few days of the close of applications.
- If you are unsuccessful and feel feedback on your application and/or interview would be helpful in applying for other jobs, please contact the Women’s Holiday Centre recruitment panel and we will arrange for this to be given to you.
- If you decide not to apply for this job, it would be helpful if you could e-mail us some feedback on your reasons for not applying. This will help us when we review our recruitment process.
- We are trying to ensure that every stage of our recruitment process is fair and properly thought out. We want to ensure that everyone is treated fairly, even if not appointed. If you feel you have been treated unfairly, please contact us and we will investigate.
We hope you will be successful in your application.