Visitors are welcome to use the house and facilities freely during their stay, and treat it as a “home from home”. We operate on a “pay it forward” basis, where you keep the house ready for the next guests by changing your bedding and cleaning up after yourself.
We ask that you take care that your behaviour does not interfere with someone else’s holiday and that the house remains in good shape for the other visitors.
You are expected to help out with cleaning around the house for about 20 minutes during your stay. The workers will know what needs to be done, so please ask them.
Groups may book the whole house, closing it to other visitors. See our Prices page for more info on group booking. Visitors and groups can also book specific bedrooms, subject to availability.
You can choose from:
- Two small private double bedrooms (prior booking is recommended).
- A shared room with a unique amazing platform bed (great for kids!) sleeping at least 6, plus two doubles and a bunk bed.
- A shared room with 4 single beds and a double.
There is a comfortable sofa-bed in the ground floor playroom if needed. Please arrange this in advance.
Children’s cots are available
There is also lots of space to camp in the garden, but we do not provide tents or bedding for camping.
All bedding in the house is provided, as are hot water bottles and blankets.
There is also a multitude of towels available, so that those on public transport can manage more easily!
There are showers, a bath and three toilets upstairs.
There are spare toiletries, towels, bath toys and a first aid kit.
There is an accessible toilet and shower on the ground floor – please contact the house if you need more information or visit our Access page.
- A large communal kitchen with an electric cooker, a large table to eat around, and many appliances like a bread-maker, microwave, blender etc…
- A large sitting room with open fire, piano, board games, loads of books, a television and dvd and video player.
- A smaller sitting room with open fire and a CD player, that is also the “office”.
- A large playroom that can also be converted to a meeting space or a spare ground floor accessible bedroom, with outdoor and indoor toys, board games, dressing up, crafty things, hula hoops…
- WI-FI is available for free in most downstairs rooms.
There is also a large garden, including a play area, camping space, fire pit and a vegetable patch.